Senator DeSteph is a member, and former chairman of the Hampton Roads Caucus, which is comprised of 33 House and Senate legislators who meet during session and beyond regarding issues pertinent to our region. Senator DeSteph is also an active member of the General Assembly’s Military Caucus and Tourism Caucus.
1. Local Government
3. Rehabilitation and Social Services
1. Joint Commission on Administrative Rules
2. Manufacturing Development Commission
3. Chesapeake Bay Restoration Fund Advisory Committee
4. Virginia Board of Workforce Development
5. Commission on Economic Opportunity for Virginians in Aspiring and Diverse Communities
6. Joint Commission on Technology and Science
7. War Memorial Board
Senator DeSteph believes in smaller, smarter government and promotes public safety, free-market capitalism, energy independence, and private-sector job creation.